Monday 9 November 2015

Welcome to Bookworms


What is a Patron of Reading?
A Patron of Reading is an author who becomes attached to a school (or two in my case) to work with them to promote, encourage and inspire reading.


Exciting week this week-getting into gear for my work with Broughton CE Primary School and Lindal and Marton Primary School. I am newly appointed Patron of Reading and can't wait until we get going with some projects and activities!

Today I launched the scheme with Broughton pupils in a special assembly and tomorrow I will be visiting Lindal and Marton! There are some very enthusiastic readers in both schools and we have lots of ideas between us to create some amazing reading opportunities!

Me with the staff from Waterstones Barrow on World Book Day

No comments:

Post a Comment