Monday 23 November 2015

Welcome to Dalton St Mary's School

Last week I spent a very enjoyable day with the Year 3 children at Dalton St Mary's Primary School. I am very fond of this school as they were the first to invite me as an author in 2011. I wrote "Guy the Grumpy Gargoyle" for them -because I didn't have a story for the Foundation Stage classes-and eventually I dedicated it to them as well. 

We had a fun packed and hectic day creating characters, reading, investigating the evidence box and the children showed their amazing imaginations. The exciting part of the day was when I discovered they would like me to become their Patron of Reading too. I am looking forward to working further with them and sharing books and stories.

A small parcel for each school will soon be on its way to them by way of a small early Christmas gift and of course some little activities for them to access. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment